Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nursery Update and a Cry for Help!

Very little, ok, no progress has been made on the nursery. Not for lack of trying, but more due to the fact that I have a mobile 10 month old who dislikes sleeping. That's my life in a nutshell, the end. Thanks for coming by.

Kidding.

So, I need your help. Remember when I talked about the complete lack of taste that the previous inhabitants of this house had? Tacky paint colors. Tacky wall paper. Well, my friends, behold, this magnificent, wonderful, beautiful piece of ceiling fan decor.





Yup. Someone spent actual money on this thing. And, it does not come off. And, as I stated, I have a very small budget. One that cannot accommodate a new ceiling fan. Here's where you come in... what suggestions/tips/advice to you have on how to cover this? I'm thinking of some form of a fabric billowy/hippy-ish thing. I don't know. Obviously I am not a decorator. But I do know one thing. This ceiling fan is NOT OK.




Here are a few other items I have for the nursery:


Cute basket matching the colors of bedding and painting. I love me some baskets.

I picked this painting up at a home decor store. What do you think of it? Is it suitable for a nursery? Too 'old person'-ish? (Sorry Con).

I thought the flowers worked with the bedding. No? Yes?



I'll post pictures of my frames later.



And just to make you smile. Here's a cute picture. A fashion statement that only Elleanor can pull off.


No comments:

Post a Comment